With improved glass technology and advanced frame design, UltraMaxx is among the most energy efficient, the most durable windows on the market today.
High performance insulated glass.
The heating and cooling months both demand a different type of performance from your window. In winter,
you want to keep heat in, and in the summer, you want to keep the heat out. When you're about to make this
type of investment, consider a window that gives you utmost in energy efficiency.
Now UltraMaxx windows are available with ClimaTech TK2.
ClimaTech TK2 features
- High performance 1" triple pane insulated glass
- 2 insulated chambers filled with Krypton gas
- Multi-layer low emissivity (Low-E) glass
What's in it for you?
Improved window thermal performance. Superior energy savings.
Thanks to krypton gas your window will insulate nearly 210% better
than the window filled with argon gas. Insulated glass units were initially
filled with air or dry nitrogen. It was later discovered that a dense, slow
moving gas would help to minimize convection currents within the
space, thereby reducing conduction and the transfer of heat. These inert,
colorless, odorless and safe gasses have proven to be very successful in
improving the thermal performance of a window. This chart, shown in a
grams per liter measurement, shows that UltraMaxx with Krypton gas
will outperform window filled with argon gas. And your monthly utility
bills will reflect savings year round.
Improved window's winter U-Value performance.*
The U-Value (also referred as to U-Factor) represents the
rate of heat flow through the glass. The lower the U-Value, the greater the window's resistance to heat flow and better
its insulating value. This is critical during the winter months.
This chart shows that UltraMaxx with two panes of multi-layered Low-E glass will insulate 272% better than a window
with standard clear glass. You will feel the difference in increased comfort in your home and lower energy bills.
* Based on center of glass (COG).
A solution for solar heat gain.
How was your summer this year? Did you experience uncomfortable temperatures in rooms with windows
facing South or West? During hot summer days, window with standard clear glass acts as magnifier glass, thereby
making your home ever warmer. ClimaTech TK2 with triple pane glass and multi-layer LowE effectively filters long-wave
radiation from the sun, helping you keep your home cooler. The solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) represents the fraction
of solar radiation passing through the glass. The lower the window's SHGC the less solar heat enters your home. Simply,
the lower the SHGC the cooler and more comfortable your home is during summer months. UltraMaxx with ClimaTech TK2 will
outperform clear insulated glass by nearly 400%.
- Vinyl frames and sashes will never chip, peel, crack, or wrap Made tough and solid with virgin vinyl (PVC) resin, theis color is formulated throughout so the beautiful luster lasts.
- A network of strategic insulating air chambers help reduce conduction and cut high energy bills.
- Insulated glass unit with optimal air space improves year-round performance.
- Interlock as sash meeting rails create a super-tight seal against air infiltration, adding to your sense of security, comfort and well being.
- PPG Intercept Warm Edge Spacer System maximizes window performance and longevity.
- Metal reinforcement adds strength at the meeting rails.
- Exlusive triple lift rails provide strength and stability for easy operation.
- Drop-in glazing adds extra protection from elements.
- Full-capture sill enhances protection from water and air infiltration.
- Hidden screen track for clean lines and added beauty.
- Quad 4 weatherstripping at header and sill add even more protection from the elements.
Plus these additional features:
- Fusion-welded sash and mainframe structure adds strength and rigidity. Tough, extra-thick extrusion walls provide the ultimate in welding strength.
- Dual ventilator locks provide a safe, secure way to keep windows open for proper ventilation.
- Full balance covers help protect against air infiltration while adding a finished look to the window frame.
- Constant force balance system eleminates sash cords, weights and pulleys for smooth, comfortable fingertip operation.
- Tilt-in top and bottom sashes make cleaning safe and easy from inside the home.
- Triple-barrier weatherstripping provides superior protection from air and water infiltration.
- Full or half fiber glass screens provide ventilation while keeping insects out.
Advanced mainframe and sash design.
UltraMaxx's unique design helps save energy and money all year round. It starts with the multi-chambered
design that effectively traps dead air to produce an insulating barrier and rigidity. The fusion-welded
frames and sashes provide superior structural strength and form a permanent barrier against air and
moisture. A full-capture sill helps prevent water and air infiltration while maintaining the timeless
detailed appearance characteristic of double-hung windows. And multi-layer weather-stripping and a
superior sash interlock system create an even tighter seal and you have a window that provides greater
energy savings and lower heating and cooling bills.
Quality construction ensures the UltraMaxx Window won't rot, swell,
split, corrode or pit. The extra-thick frames and sashes are made from
premium PVC that is tough, durable and requires very minimal
maintenance, other than an occasional washing.
Opening and closing the UltraMaxx window is simple thanks to the constant force balance system and
heavy-duty operating hardware. It's designed to operate smoothly, even after decades of regular use.